- directly as a customer of our Submarine platform (Merchants);
- as personnel of our Merchants; or
- as users of the Submarine platform or end customers of our Merchants (End Customers),
and us, the owner and provider of this website.
Except as set out in this policy, we will not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal information we collect may include the following:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- social media information;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- credit card or other payment information;
- information about your business or personal circumstances;
- when we use analytical cookies, your device identity and type, I.P. address, geo-location information, page view statistics, advertising data and standard web log information;
- information about third parties; and
- any other information provided by you to us via this website or our online presence, in the course of us providing goods or services to you, or otherwise required by us or provided by you.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We endeavour to ensure that information we collect is complete, accurate, accessible and not subject to unauthorised access.
We may collect personal information either directly from you, or from third parties, including where you:
- contact us through on our website;
- communicate with us via email, telephone, SMS, social applications (such as LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter) or otherwise;
- engage us to provide goods or services to you;
- submit any of our online sign up forms;
- when you or your organisation offer to provide, or provides, goods or services to us;
- interact with our website, social applications, services, content and advertising; and
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
We may also collect personal information from you when you use or access our website or our social media pages. This may be done through use of web analytics tools, ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies that allow us to track and analyse your website usage. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device and enable and allow the creator of the cookie to identify when you visit different websites. If you do not wish information to be stored as a cookie, you can disable cookies in your web browser.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide goods, services or information to you;
- for record keeping and administrative purposes;
- to provide information about you to our contractors, employees, consultants, agents or other third parties for the purpose of providing goods or services to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements with third parties;
- where we have your consent, including to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you. In this regard, we may use email, SMS, social media or mail to send you direct marketing communications. You can opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by using the opt-out facility provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link);
- for our legitimate interests including:
- to develop and carry out marketing activities and to conduct market research and analysis and develop statistics;
- to improve and optimise our service offering and customer experience;
- to inform you of any platform upgrades and updates;
- to send you administrative messages, reminders, notices, updates and other information requested by you;
- to consider an application of employment from you; and
- the delivery of our services.
SHARING YOUR DATA
We may share your personal information in certain circumstances, as follows:
- where there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances;
- credit-checking agencies for credit control reasons;
- disclosures required by law or regulation;
- where we have your consent, to other Merchants for the specific purpose of providing in-platform analysis and insight usage, and making recommendations to those Merchants on how to grow their revenue; and
- service providers and other affiliated third parties to enable us to provide our services to you including other professional advisers such as accountants, disaster recovery service providers or auditors and/or overseas counsel.
We may disclose your personal information to cloud-providers, contractors and other third parties located inside or outside of Australia. If we do so, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient deals with such personal information in a manner consistent with how we deal with it.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is secure and protected from misuse or unauthorised access. Our information technology systems are password protected, and we use a range of administrative and technical measures to protect these systems. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those linked websites and we suggest you review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
You have various rights with respect to our use of your personal information:
- Access: You have the right to obtain access to your information (if we’re processing it) and certain other information (similar to that provided in this privacy notice). This is so that you’re aware and can check that we’re using your information in accordance with data protection law.
- Rectification: We aim to keep your personal data accurate, current, and complete. We encourage you to contact us using our contact form to let us know if any of your personal data is not accurate or changes, so that we can keep your personal data up-to-date.
- Objecting: You also have the right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, including processing for direct marketing.
- Restricting: You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further.
- Erasure: You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data when the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or when, among other things, your personal data have been unlawfully processed.
- Portability: You have the right to request that some of your personal data is provided to you, or to another data controller, in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Complaints: If you believe that your data protection rights may have been breached, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Withdraw consent: If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal information for marketing purposes.
You may, at any time, exercise any of the above rights, by contacting our email address provided below.
HOW LONG WE KEEP DATA
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
If you would like further information about our specific retention periods for your personal information, please contact us using our email address provided below.
TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (‘EEA’)
To provide our services, we may transfer the personal information we collect to countries outside of the UK or EEA which do not provide the same level of data protection as the country in which you reside and are not recognised by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection.
When we do this, we will make sure that it is protected to the same extent as in the EEA and UK as we will put in place appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information, which may include standard contractual clauses.
For more information, please contact us at our email address provided below.